Afghanistan: 24 Civilians Killed by NATO in past week

6 Children and 3 Women Killed During NATO Raid in Afghanistan
The new accidental killing of civilians was reported by Daud Ahmadi, spokesperson of the provincial governor.
October 1 2009

Kandahar – Six children and three women were killed during a NATO air raid in the province of Helmand, southern Afghanistan. The new accidental killing of civilians was reported by Daud Ahmadi, spokesperson of the provincial governor. The raid, which claimed the life of 4 armed Taliban, was ordered as a reply to an attack against a convoy of NATO and Afghan forces in a village located in the Nad Ali district.

The male wounded civilians were admitted to a NATO hospital. ISAF confirmed the air raid, but not the number of victims, explaining that it was decided following an extended armed clash with guerrilla forces barricaded in the raided house. On September 4 dozens of civilians (30, according to the government investigation) died during the explosion of two tankers hit by NATO jets after that they had been seized by the Taliban.

Source

US soldiers gun down schoolboy in Paktika
The teenager was hit in the head by foreign soldiers.

By Obaid Kharotai

September 28, 2009

SHARAN: US forces shot dead a schoolboy on his way home in the southeastern province of Paktika on Monday, the victim’s father said.

Ghulam Shah, father of the 13-year-old Zeeshan, told Pajhwok Afghan News his son was returning home on a bicycle from school. He alleged NATO-led soldiers opened fire on the boy in Madatkhel area on the outskirts of Sharan, the provincial capital.

“No one can ask American troops about the killings of our sons, brothers and sisters,” an angry Ghulam Shah said, adding that his son also worked with a mechanic in the main Sharan bazaar during his free time.

A Sharan Civil Hospital employee, Najibullah, confirmed receiving Zeeshan’s bullet-riddled body. The teenager was hit in the head by foreign soldiers. The ISAF press office in the eastern zone also confirmed the incident and admitted it was a mistaken firing incident.

It said the boy was stuck by a bullet fired into the air and his family members would be provided compensation. The troops expressed sympathies with relatives of the victim.

Source

Six civilians dead in Kandahar air strike by foreign forces
Locals said there was no Taliban in the area. They expressed their wonder why the foreign forces conducted the air strike.

By Basher Ahmad Nadem

September 24 2009

KANDAHAR: Six people were killed and several others wounded in an air strike by foreign forces in Arghandab district of the volatile southern Kandahar province, residents said Thursday.

The air raid was conducted late Wednesday night in Nagahan area that lasted one hour, according to residents, who had brought their injured relatives to the Mirwais Civil Hospital in Kandahar City.

Abdul Wahid, a resident said, several gunship helicopters arrived in the area and suddenly started bombing their houses.

He said till morning six dead bodies were retrieved from beneath the rubbles of the destroyed houses.

He feared the death toll could be increased as residents were searching for bodies.

Health Director Dr. Abdul Qayyum told Pajhwok Afghan News seven injured people were brought to the hospital from Arghandab district.

A senior police officer in the province, Fazl Ahmad Sherzad, confirmed the air strike.

He added that 5 Taliban were killed and 15 other were injured in this air strike.

Some residents said the attack was carried out in the area of a tribal elder Pehlawan, who had raised a tribal force against Taliban militants.

Locals said there was no Taliban in the area. They expressed their wonder why the foreign forces conducted the air strike.

Foreign forces based in Kandahar have said nothing about the air raid.

Source

Eight civilians killed in air raid of foreign troops in Helmand
Neighbors gathered to transfer the wounded to the hospital, once again there was a rocket attack from the air and eight civilians were killed as a result
By Zainulah Stanikzay

September 23 2009

Eight civilians are killed and four others wounded in the air strike by foreign troops, a number of residents from the Marja district of Helmand province are claiming.

This statement was said to Pajhowk Afghan News in Lashkargah Emergency Hospital by the residents of Marja district who brought their injured .

On September 23, a man named Abdul Khaliq told Pajhowk about the shelling of foreign troops from their helicopters during their patrol.

He added, four guests had come for Eid celebration to his home and were sleeping in the yard when they got injured by the firing of foreign troops.

According to him when they and their neighbors gathered to transfer the wounded to the hospital, once again there was a rocket attack from the air and eight civilians were killed as a result.

Another resident named Norullah from the same district told PAN that there were no Taliban near this village but the armed Taliban from the nearby village had fired on helicopters.

In the correspondent attack of foreign troops it caused civilian casualties to the village he added.

The British troops stationed in Helmand and the Afghan authorities expressed as they were unaware of the incident.

Although the armed Taliban hasn’t said any thing about this, but Qari Yousaf the Taliban spokes person is giving news about the number of foreign troops killed in separate explosions in Greshk and Lashkargah.

According to another news a ten year old boy has been killed as a result of the firing of foreign troops in Nadali district.

Jalal one of the residents of the district told the PAN about the attack of armed Taliban over the troops from the Nadali district the day before that incident.

He added that in the correspondent attack of foreign troops, no Talib has been killed, but a ten year old boy who was standing opposite to his home was shot dead.

Source

‘Hush’ over Afghan mission must end

(Afghanistan 1) A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

US-NATO Using Military Might To Control World Energy Resources

Afghanistan’s hidden toll: Injured Troops

Published in: on October 2, 2009 at 5:04 am  Comments Off on Afghanistan: 24 Civilians Killed by NATO in past week  
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
%d bloggers like this: