B.C. Says Dismiss “Children of alleged Pickton victims lawsuit” against Crown prosecutors

Dismiss Pickton lawsuit against Crown prosecutors, says B.C. Pickton victims’ families allege Crown failed to warn women

CBC Report Jul 5, 2013

missing-women-poster-8col

Serial killer Robert Pickton was convicted on six counts of second-degree murder, but is suspected of killing dozen of women who went missing from Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. (Vancouver Police Department)

The B.C. government says it can’t be sued over the Crown prosecutor’s decision to stay attempted murder charges against Robert Pickton in 1998 — four years before the remains of dozens of women were found on the serial killer’s farm.

The families of four women whose remains or DNA were found on Pickton’s property filed a lawsuit in May targeting the provincial and federal governments, the City of Vancouver, Pickton’s siblings and Pickton himself.

The provincial government has filed an application in B.C.Supreme Court asking that the allegations targeting B.C.’s criminal justice branch be removed from the statements of claim.

The lawsuits allege, among other things, that prosecutors were negligent when they decided not to put Pickton on trial for attempted murder in early 1998. The lawsuits also claim the Crown should have warned sex workers in Vancouver about Pickton in light of the attempted murder charge.

But the B.C. government’s notices of application say Crown lawyers are immune from most claims of negligence, unless there is clear evidence of “deliberate and malicious” conduct.

“The notice of civil claim in this case includes no pleading of malice on the part of the Crown counsel involved,” says one of four notices filed with the court last week.

“This is clearly not a claim of malicious prosecution. It is therefore plain and obvious that it has no reasonable chance of success.”

The notices also argue Crown prosecutors don’t have a duty to warn the public.

Attempted murder charges stayed

In March 1997, Pickton and a sex worker became entangled in a violent confrontation at his property in Port Coquitlam, B.C., leaving the woman with injuries so severe she died on the operating table before she was revived.

The sex worker, whose name remains covered by a publication ban, had a set of handcuffs locked on one of her wrists — the key to which was later found in Pickton’s pocket.

Days before Pickton was set to stand trial, a Crown prosecutor decided not to go ahead. Crown counsel Randi Connor told a public inquiry last year that she believed the sex worker’s drug use meant she wasn’t in a condition to testify.

Between January 1998, when the charges against Pickton were stayed, and his arrest in February 2002, 19 women disappeared and were later connected to Pickton’s farm.

Also after Pickton’s arrest in 2002, forensic investigators found the DNA of three missing women on evidence they seized from the 1997 attack, including clothing and a condom package.

Families allege police botch up

The lawsuits involve the daughters and sons of Dianne Rock, Sarah de Vries, Cynthia Feliks and Yvonne Boen.
The statements of claim allege the Vancouver police and the RCMP botched their respective investigations into missing sex workers from the Downtown Eastside and failed to warn women in the neighbourhood that a serial killer was likely at work.

Boen’s and Feliks’ children also allege they were harmed by the insensitive manner in which they were informed of their mothers’ deaths.

Pickton was eventually convicted of six counts of second-degree murder.

When Pickton lost his appeals for those convictions, charges related to the murders of 20 other women, including Rock, de Vries and Feliks, were stayed by the Crown. Boen is among six women whose remains or DNA were found on the Pickton property, but for which no charges were ever laid.

The statements of claim contain allegations that haven’t been tested in court.

None of the defendants have filed statements of defence, and the province’s recent notice of application makes no mention of any of the other allegations in the families’ lawsuits. Source

Recent

Anti-NSA protest and Petition Letter to Members of Congress

Syria: A few Insights

What in the World are they Spraying on Us “Toxic posion”

I heard about this years ago. This Video came out in October of 2010

The Chemtrail/Geo-Engineering Coverup Revealed.

By now everyone has seen crisscrossing streaks of white clouds trailing behind jet aircraft, stretching from horizon to horizon, eventually turning the sky into a murky haze. Our innate intelligence tells us these are not mere vapor trails from jet engines, but no one yet has probed the questions: who is doing this and why. With the release of this video, all of that has changed. Here is the story of a rapidly developing industry called geo-engineering, driven by scientists, corporations, and governments intent on changing global climate, controlling the weather, and altering the chemical composition of soil and water — all supposedly for the betterment of mankind. Although officials insist that these programs are only in the discussion phase, evidence is abundant that they have been underway since about 1990 — and the effect has been devastating to crops, wildlife, and human health. We are being sprayed with toxic substances without our consent and, to add insult to injury, they are lying to us about it. Do not watch this documentary if you have high blood pressure.

http://www.coalitionagainstgeoengineering.org/

Other Videos.

Governments are spraying their own populations with toxic chemicals.

Be sure to check out the other stories at the bottom of the page and or videos.

Some pretty interesting stuff to be found.

Chemtrails- spraying in our sky

Annihilation – CHEMTRAILS – The Silent Killer

Geo-Engineering Onslaught In Canada

Chemtrails Secret Confirmed
by author William Thomas

It started in the winter of 1998. Sky-obscuring “chemtrails” have been observed by thousands of eyewitnesses–including pilots, police officers and former military personnel–over Canada, the USA, Britain, Australia and allied European nations. Within Canada, Victoria, Vancouver, the BC Interior, Moose Jaw, Edmonton and much of Ontario have been hit particularly hard.

On March 15, 2001, radio reporter S.T. Brendt interviewed a senior air traffic control manager with the Federal Aviation Association (FAA) who was responsible for commercial aircraft over the northeastern United States. The FAA manager admitted he was being ordered to divert commercial flights around formations of US Air Force (USAF) Stratotankers. On whether the Air Force jets crossed into Canadian air space, he replied “yes.”

Each of the 650 USAF Stratotankers carries 150,000 pounds of transferable fuel. Each of the 50 KC-10s (refuelling jets) carries about 320,000 pounds. Speaking under strict anonymity, the FAA official said the purpose of the military missions was weather modification.

The particles sprayed into the stratosphere by the big jets act as moisture-attracting nuclei, forming clouds and precipitation. Immediately after the March weather modification missions, the northeastern seaboard was struck by unseasonable snowstorms that confounded 70-year-old residents and piled eight-foot snowdrifts against some homes. At least one fatality resulted due to collapsing roofs.

The inert aluminum spread by the jets is not considered a human health hazard. But according to the New England Journal of Medicine, microscopic particles in the air can kill city dwellers prematurely. Further, a 1993 Harvard study has identified particles with a diameter of less than 10 micrometres (microns) as a threat to public health. Death rates increase with the rise in particulate pollution.

Nevertheless, a leaked draft document from the International Panel on Climate Change said the panel considers spraying up to 10 million tons of microscopic aluminum particles “in the range of 10 to 100 microns” as a possible solution to avoid global warming.

Seeds of Infection

The FAA traffic control manager decided to come forward after his wife was diagnosed with sudden adult onset asthma following a March 12, 2001 aerial onslaught by 30 tankers over New Hampshire. She had no history of allergy. Their children also suffered severe reactions, including an infant son who was rushed to hospital with a gushing nosebleed.

Similarly, hospitals across Canada and the USA have been jammed in the wake of the chemtrails, with patients complaining of acute gastrointestinal and upper respiratory ailments, pneumonia, heart problems, aching joints, sudden extreme fatigue, vertigo, excruciating headaches, short-term memory loss, inability to concentrate, nosebleeds, sore necks and twitching eyelids. Unlike flu symptoms, body temperatures typically drop among chemtrail-exposed patients. These apparent fungal infections could be caused when aluminum particles bring down the fungi, bacteria and viruses found to be living and reproducing in the upper atmosphere. Professor Emeritus Robert Falk at the University of Texas has also found that metal-munching bacteria “metabolize aluminum” in his tests.

In November 1999, residents of Espanola, Ont. presented a petition to Parliament after USAF tankers sprayed sky-obscuring chemicals. Townspeople claimed that they were making children and adults sick over a 50 square-mile area. Lab tests of rainwater falling through the chemical clouds measured amounts of aluminum particles seven times higher than federal health safety limits.

Back in March, according to the FAA official, the chemicals spread in lingering white plumes by the big tankers showed up on air traffic control radars as a “haze.” Such cloudy radar returns are consistent with clouds of talcum-fine aluminum particles released by high-flying tankers in a process an official USAF study on “Owning The Weather” calls “aerial obscuration.”

Although chemtrails have crossed the sky over Comox, BC, a Canadian Forces spokesman at the Comox air base recently insisted that “no such joint operation exists.” However, doctors are puzzled by the results of hair sample analyses of sick patients on Denman Island and in Vancouver and Toronto, which show aluminum levels much higher than usual “kitchen contaminant” levels.

My investigation continues.

Chemtrails Revealed

The manager for planning and environment at the Victoria Airport Authority has confirmed that “chemtrails” spread by US Air Force tanker jets over the BC capital are a joint US-Canadian military operation. The airport environmental officer was responding to a Victoria resident’s inquiry concerning big jets laying plumes in lingering Xs, circles and tic-tac-toe grids over the British Columbia capital for the past two years. “They wouldn’t give me any specifics on it,” resident Terry Stewart said, referring to his control tower queries. “Very odd.”

William Thomas is the author of Scorched Earth

Source

Approximately 34.1 million Americans have been diagnosed with asthma

Chemtrails – Delivery System For Dept. Of Death’s Toxic Cocktails

Recent

Nuclear Sites in US, Europe and Japan

Libya war lies worse than Iraq

Pfizer pays Nigeria drug-trial victims

UN chief Ban alarmed over rising civilian toll in Libya

(Libya 1) A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

Families Cry Out for Palestinian Prisoners

NATO raids kill 85 civilians in Libya

UK police meet passport victims connected to assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh

UK police meet passport victims

Investigators arrive in Israel as Dubai authorities find DNA at murder scene

By Donald Macintyre in Jerusalem

February 27, 2010

Investigators from Britain’s Serious Organised Crimes Agency (Soca) have arrived in Israel to start interviews with dual nationals whose names were used on fraudulent passports used by the assassins of a Hamas commander last month.

Soca confirmed yesterday that arrangements were already being made to speak to the six British-Israeli dual nationals whose names appeared on the 11 passports originally revealed by Dubai police last week to have been used by members of the hit squad. Meanwhile, police in Dubai said that they had moved a step closer to identifying the murder suspects by finding DNA and fingerprints at the scene of the crime.

The planned interviews are part of the investigation into the use of the falsified passports ordered by Gordon Brown after the revelation of their use in the operation to kill Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in his Dubai hotel room.

Dubai’s police chief, Lt Gen Dahi Khalfan Tamim, has said he is “99 per cent sure” that Israel’s foreign intelligence agency Mossad was responsible for the assassination. And yesterday he told the Al-Arabiya news network that new evidence had emerged in the hotel where Mr Mabhouh died. “We’ve (identified) traces of DNA on the scene, belonging to the criminals,” he said. “We have fingerprints and DNA traces.”

Israel, whose ambassador in London Ron Prosor was called into the Foreign Office after the original disclosures, has refused to confirm or deny any involvement.

Soca said yesterday it was “arranging to speak to six passport holders as possible witnesses to a crime”. It said interviews would take place in the British Embassy in Tel Aviv and added: “The Israeli authorities have been informed.” A spokesman for the British Embassy said an investigator from the British agency had arrived in Israel but indicated that interviews had not yet begun.

Soca enquiries are likely to include interviews with another six British passport holders whose names were among those used by a further 15 suspects in the assassination revealed by Dubai police this week. The agency said it was “working closely with the Emirates”. This week’s announcement brought to 26 the total of suspects being sought by the Dubai authorities for the killing.

Lt Gen Tamin was also quoted as saying that he expected details of the 15 new passports identified in the case to be circulated by Interpol as the 11 others already have been. He told the United Arab Emirates-based newspaper al-Bayan that he was working with European countries, Australia and the US through diplomatic channels to establish an international detection team “from at least seven countries”. He added: “Friendly nations who have been assisting in this investigation have indicated to the police in Dubai that the passports were issued in an illegal and fraudulent manner.”

Source

‘Irish’ assassin became a killer blonde in Dubai hit

The suspect who used the name Ivy Brinton is shown in the CCTV footage on the left as having brown hair when she entered the hotel and then as a blonde leaving the hotel at a later stage.

By Shane Phelan

Friday February 26 2010

ONE of the six ‘Irish’ suspects in the assassination of a Hamas commander in Dubai changed her hair colour while on the mission, new video footage reveals.

The suspect, who used the name Ivy Brinton and had a false Irish passport, can be seen sporting both dark and blonde hair in the footage released by authorities in the United Arab Emirates yesterday.

The footage, from the hotel where Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was killed last month, reveals how the suspect either dyed her hair or wore a wig in an effort to conceal her identity — going blonde halfway through the mission.

It shows her accompanied by another suspect, who used the name Chester Halvey and also travelled on a forged Irish passport.

A third suspect who used a false Irish passport was also shown on footage released yesterday. The woman, using the name Anna Shauna Clasby, was filmed leaving the hotel, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers, on the day of the killing.

The release of the footage and other information by the Dubai authorities has cranked up international pressure on Israel over the assassination.

Dubai’s police chief Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim says he believes the Israeli secret service Mossad was responsible. Israel has refused to confirm or deny involvement.

Angry

Speaking on a visit to Gaza yesterday, Foreign Affairs Minister Micheal Martin said: “We are very angry at the fraudulent use of information that was stolen from valid Irish passports to make forged passports.

“These people were not Irish citizens. Whoever did this forged the passports. We’re angry about that because it violates the integrity of our passport system and also places at risk the security of our citizens.”

Forged British, French, German and Australian passports were also used by the suspects.

Australia yesterday summoned its Israeli ambassador to a meeting to explain the affair.

The operation to kill Mr al-Mabhouh came just five years after an Israeli diplomat was expelled from Australia after a Mossad operation to fraudulently obtain Australian and New Zealand passports was uncovered.

Although a garda investigation has been launched into the use of Irish passport information, senior gardai said last night there were no plans to send an officer to Dubai. But gardai are liaising with Interpol and police forces in the other countries affected.

At the time of his murder, Mr al-Mabhouh was wanted by the Israeli, Egyptian and Jordanian governments. He died after being electrocuted with a stun gun and smothered to death with a pillow.

Dubai police believe he was followed to his hotel room by members of the assassination squad wearing fake beards, wigs and other disguises.

Authorities did not know he had been murdered until after a post-mortem examination. Source

Related

Has photos of the 26 suspects in link below as well as other information.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu authorized assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh

Recent

Help Haiti Everybody Hurts Video

Published in: on February 27, 2010 at 12:31 am  Comments Off on UK police meet passport victims connected to assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh  
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,